The old saying, different strokes for different folks, is equally true when it comes to fishing boats. Watson’s Marine have a wide range of different aluminum boats for sale, and their own Vindicator Boats & Trailers are built to order. They build their aluminium trailers to suit all kinds of boats. They also sell & service Yamaha outboards to suit the boat you buy, with Watson’s Marine you get the whole package.
So, let’s unpack their series of Vindicator boats, starting with the 5.5m Vindicator Cuddy Cabin.
5.5m Vindicator Cuddy Cabin Specs
Obviously, the Cuddy Cabin measures 5.5 meters in length but is 5.8m overall, important when comparing other vessels as everyone measures their boats differently. Frank measures his vessels by survey length (what fits in a box.). The cockpit length is 2.36 metres, so plenty of room there. The bunk length is a generous 1.8 metres and she weighs approximately 880 kilograms. The maximum horsepower we recommend is 130hp and the Cuddy can take up to 6 people on smooth water.
The Vindicator Cuddy Cabin has loads of features as standard. Here’s just a few:
- Excellent warranty – 5 Years Dry Storage Construction Warranty
- 3 Water Tight Compartments filled with Survey Flotation Foam
- Front Alloy Hatch & Anchor WellBow Sprit, Bow Roller & Bow Eye
- Windscreen – Bonded Toughened Safety Glass
- Half Side Windows & Removable Side Curtains
- Hard Top, Overhead Radio Console & Speaker Boxes- Also available is a soft top version.
- Swim Transom
- Wide Side Decks with rolled sides
- Split Bow Rail, Side Rails & Rear Rails
- Hydraulic Steering & Stainless Steel Steering Wheel
- Under Floor Fuel Tank & Deck Fill – Approx. 180 liters
- Fully Self Draining 4mm Aluminum Floor with 2 Alloy Scuppers
- Under Floor Kill Tank
- 5 Large Alloy Welded Bung Bases & Bungs
- 4 Alloy Rod Holders welded into gunwale
- Ribbed Carpeted floor, Carpeted Cabin and Side Pockets
- Deluxe Two Pack Paint & Non Skid Deck – White
- Front Cabin Storage Under Bunk & Shelving
- Trim plates welded to vessel.
- Cockpit Under Floor Storage
- Cabin & Hard Top Grab Rail
- Battery Storage Shelf with Covers & Battery Boxes
- Single or Twin Engine Transom Installation
And that’s just for starters, As you can see, this is a great little fishing boat and it will give you many happy hours of boating and fishing fun.
And like all our marine craft, the Vindicator Cuddy Cabin can be built with lots of extras. Some of the more popular include:
- Live bait tank & deck wash combo
- Deluxe cleaning board, nylon cutting board, bait tray, 6 rod holders & front cabin fan
- Extra large glove box, a must for every boat
- Hard top hatches
- Gunwhale mounted red LED cockpit lights for night fishing
- Rear telescopic ladder or alloy dive ladder
- Fold down rear table
- Portable toilet and recessed toilet holder
- Fold down seats – rear of seat boxes & front of engine well
- And of course, a Vindicator quality aluminum trailer
Watson’s Marine pride themselves in building exactly what the customer would like in their vessel. They will involve you in every step of the process and even provide up-to-the-minute photos of progress during the build. Their Vindicator Quality Aluminium Trailers are custom built for each of the boats, thus being easy to load & unload, a breeze to tow and built strong to last.
This 5.5m Vindicator may be the baby of the fleet but believe me they are a great sea going vessel for inside or outside.
Frank & Glenn took their 5.5m to Frazer Island, loading it on & off the trailer from the beach, going out to sea catching fish & enjoying the time they had over there. The boys where very pleased with its performance, an awesome boat.
If you would like to chat more about this marvelous 5.5m Vindicator Cuddy Cabin, pop in and see us in store at 52 Wickham Street, Gympie, better still visit us at the Brisbane Boat Show (Stand 401).